About Mark Healey, MD, FACS
- General Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Critical Care
- American Board of Surgery
- Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
- Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Trauma and Critical Care, University of California, San Diego, CA
Introducing Critical Care, Trauma, and General Surgeon Mark Healey, MD, FACS
As a general surgeon, Dr. Healey provides consultations and performs procedures designed to prevent, diagnose, or treat many of the diseases and disorders affecting adults and children.
Dr. Healey is also a trauma surgeon and has extensive experience in assessment and surgical treatment of traumatic injuries to the head and neck, chest, and abdomen, as well as the treatment of burned or otherwise heavily damaged tissue. He has a background in policy development and oversight of successful trauma surgery programs. Canton-Potsdam Hospital is a Level III Trauma Center.
He is a critical care specialist with expertise in managing medical or surgical patients who are very ill and require support in the intensive care unit.