15 Raymond Street, Potsdam, NY 13676
About James A. Vecchio, MD
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Gastroenterology
- McGill Univerity, Montreal, QC
- McGill Teaching Hospitals (Royal Victoria and Montreal General), Montreal, QC
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology
- Fellow of the American Gastroenterology Association
Introducing our new doctor of Gastroenterology, James Vecchio, M.D.
Returning to practicing medicine full time after a career in academia at the University of Vermont, James Vecchio, M.D. brings a modern and personalized care approach to Canton-Potsdam Hospital's Gastroenterology and Hepatology team. As a Gastroenterologist specifically trained for colonoscopy, with a focus on gastrointestinal issues including Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis, Dr. Vecchio works with his patients to create a personalized care and treatment regimen.
A graduate of Colgate University and McGill University, Dr. Vecchio is fluent in French and English. He is American Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, as well as certified through the American Fellowship in American College of Physicians, Gastroenterology and American Gastroenterology, and is licensed to practice medicine in Vermont and New York State. When Dr. Vecchio isn't seeing patients, you can find him on the tennis court.