Where The Money Goes

Where the Money Goes:

We do not use contributions to cover the hospital’s day-to-day operating expenses. 

 If a donor places restrictions on their gift, for specific departments or services within the Hospital, it goes directly to the Hospital for budget items that fit the donor restrictions - like new equipment, technology, or physical renovations.

 If a donor makes an unrestricted gift, 75% of the gift is used for whatever capital budget items (equipment or projects) are most needed by the Hospital.  The remaining 25% is added to the Foundation’s long-term investments, which now total about $13 million. Each year we use a very small percentage of those invested funds to cover the Foundation’s own operating expenses.

 Bequests and other “planned gifts” are also added to our long-term investments, which now total about $13 million.  In recent years we have  used the Foundation’s invested funds to collateralize sizable projects - including renovations at EJ Noble, and the purchase, renovation, and addition to the former St. Mary’s School in Potsdam.  Invested prudently, and managed carefully, our investment funds are providing substantial, consistent, and permanent funds to the Hospital, without ever becoming depleted. 

What does quality healthcare mean to you?

To most patients and their families, it means adherence to the most rigorous, medically and scientifically verified standards available. We measure our processes against these standards, and we are dedicated to continuous improvement.

Recent News/Events
CPH's Partnering in Your Care Luncheon Series Continues November 12, 2018.
CPH's Partnering in Your Care Luncheon Series Continues November 12, 2018.
November 12, 2018
Learn MoreAll News/Events
Canton-Potsdam Hospital
50 Leroy Street, Potsdam, New York 13676
ph: 315-265-3300

The information on this web site is provided as a service by Canton-Potsdam Hospital for educational purposes only. It is not a substitute for medical care, and medical advice and services are not being offered. If you have, or suspect you have, a health problem, you should consult your physician.

Health information on this website is intended as an informational and educational service. Provision of this information and educational service neither implies nor guarantees that a treatment, procedure, or healthcare service necessarily will be provided in whole or in part. Services are provided by Canton-Potsdam Hospital at its sole discretion consistent with the highest quality standards including but not limited to safety. For more information about whether a specific service or procedure is offered and/or is right for you, consult your care practitioner.

Canton-Potsdam Hospital complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Canton-Potsdam Hospital does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Click HERE to view a full version of the Nondiscrimination Statement. If you believe that Canton-Potsdam Hospital has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: Director of Patient Experience at 50 Leroy Street, Potsdam, NY 13676. You may file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf or by mail at U.S. Department of Health and Human Services , 200 Independence Avenue, SW, Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, D.C. 20201.

Site Search
Accredited Hospital
Top 50 Active Companies
ISO 9001 certified
Recognized NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home