Canton-Potsdam Hospital is about great people. We are committed to making Canton-Potsdam Hospital a great place to work for every physician, employee, volunteer or intern on our team. Our community expects the very best of our people. We can deliver on those expectations only if everyone is committed to achieving our goals. I urge you to join us in sustaining best practices, sharing and modeling our high standards of behavior, and always doing your best for our patients and customers. High standards lead to great achievements. And great achievements show what Canton-Potsdam Hospital's people are all about. - David Acker, President and CEO
You may view our available positions by clicking "Search Opportunities" in the list of the links provided on the right.
We encourage you to read our Standards of Behaviors and CPH Values to become familiar with our organization and what is expected of our employees.
If you are interested in volunteering, shadowing or completing an academic internship please visit our Volunteer Services page.
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
All Canton-Potsdam Hospital employees, physicians, volunteers and Board Members agree to abide by our Standards of Behavior as a condition of affiliation with our Hospital. The Standards are incorporated into everything we do:
Sense of Ownership/Accountability - As a representative of Canton-Potsdam Hospital, we are dedicated and loyal to its Mission and Vision and all it encompasses. We realize that our work is a reflection of who we are as people and professionals and we are proud of our image within the community. We strive daily to make CPH a better place for our patients to receive care, our employees to work, and our physicians to practice. We are Canton-Potsdam Hospital.
Responsiveness - We realize time is very valuable. We strive to provide everyone with prompt service. We are committed to meet or exceed their expectations.
Appearance: We are proud of our personal appearance as well as the appearance of our facility. Our appearance reflects our respect for and willingness to serve our patients and customers. We are conveying an image of professionalism.
Attitude/Courtesy: We are committed to providing the highest quality of service and striving to exceed our customers' expectations. Our customers will be treated with the utmost respect at all times. Our patients are the reason we are here. Positive attitudes are contagious.
Privacy/Confidentiality: We work together to ensure everyone's right to privacy and confidentiality. We maintain a secure and trusting environment at all times. We are respectful of everyone's privacy.
Safety Awareness: It is our responsibility to be knowledgeable and prepared to respond to emergency situations as they arise. We are responsible to maintain a safe and accident-free environment. We are thinking and working safe.
Etiquette: Good communication is a key component of positive customer service. We are committed to making a favorable first impression. We are communicating respectfully, clearly and effectively.
Commitment to our Patients: As representatives of Canton-Potsdam Hospital, we are linked to one another with a common purpose of doing worthwhile work and making a difference. Regardless of our role within the organization, we work as a team. We say "yes" more than "no" and "we" more than "I". We are holding each other accountable in a respectful manner to demonstrate our commitments to one another.
Integrity - Guiding Our Actions by Ethical Commitments
- Consistently acts in the best interests of our patients, their families, our hospital and our community
- Follows through on commitments, holding self and others accountable for actions and outcomes
- Speaks up and takes positive action when something seems wrong, inappropriate or inconsistent with our values or standards
- Consistently acts with openness, honesty, transparency and trustworthiness in communication
- At all times respects the dignity, privacy and confidentiality of others
Respect - Recognizing and Responding to the Value of Others
- Demonstrates respect for the personal autonomy, intrinsic dignity and worth, and individual uniqueness of each person we serve
- Treats others in a manner that elicits mutual trust, understanding and partnership toward success
- Values diversity of personal experience, cultural insights and perspectives, professional identity and training in achieving collaborative goals
- Demonstrates consideration of others with regard for the feelings and needs of others and an awareness of the effect of one's own behavior on them
- Seeks out opportunities to demonstrate regard and appreciation for others
Compassion - Providing Excellent Care with Kindness
- Identifies with others, acting with thoughtfulness in anticipation of their needs
- Consistently approaches others with respect, dignity, courtesy and warmth
- Actively listens to the needs of others, and in understanding these needs acts promptly to address them
- Acknowledges others by name, with eye contact and a smile
- Maintains a focused and personal presence when engaged in service to others
Professional - Acting with Mature Insight, Sound Judgment and High Standards
- In appearance, demeanor and deportment conveys a professional image in interaction with others
- Brings the highest professional standards of ethics, knowledge, skill and competence to bear in decision-making and work performance
- Approaches workplace challenges in a manner that reflects professional maturity, confidence and respectfulness
- Understands and embraces the core professional identity as one whose talents are placed in the service of others for their benefit
- Preserves the safety, security and confidentiality of private, protected information in all professional contexts
Excellence - Commitment to Quality, Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Continually challenges the status quo in pursuit of bettering our best
- Utilizes data and measurement to benchmark processes and outcomes
- Embraces evidence-based practices as minimal standards of practice
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to deliver excellence in safety, quality and service
- Understands accreditation, regulatory and stakeholder expectations and exceeds them
- Embraces change in the continuous pursuit of innovation and superior care