Canton-Potsdam Hospital is fortunate to have two Hospital Guilds: the Potsdam Hospital Guild, which was established in the 1930's, and the Edward John Noble Guild, whichwas established in Canton in the 1950's. From the earliest days, when Guild members sewed bed linens and bandages, they have been an integral part of our organization.
The EJ Noble Guild holds an annual holiday bazaar, a soup luncheon, a dinner dance, and other fund-raising events throughout the year. The Potsdam Guild operates the Hospital Gift Shop, hosts in-hospital sales, and holds an annual spaghetti dinner, and a garden tour. The two Guilds work together on an annual July golf tournament.
Together, the two Hospital Guilds raise more than $90,000 per year for the Hospital. Their contributions are used to purchase medical equipment and add services to benefit our patients, with special emphasis on projects that serve women and children. In recent years the Guilds have funded digital mammography, expanded cardiology services in Canton, neonatal monitors, and numerous other projects, including pledges for our new Center for Cancer Care, and our new EJ Noble Annex building.
In addition to fund-raising, the Guilds serve a vital role in connecting the Hospital with the community. Guild volunteers host community education programs, and assist at other community events.
|Guild Officers - EJ Noble||Guild Officers - Potsdam|
|President - Judy Chase|
President - Deany Wood
|Vice President - Ellen Wisner||Vice President - Laurie Cappello|
|Co-Treasurers - Cheryl Glidden and Kathy Crowe||Treasurer - Mary Jane Smalling|
|Secretary - Sue Wurster||Secretary - Kim Jones|