During your stay at Canton-Potsdam Hospital, you will be provided care by members of a specially created team that will best fit your unique needs during recovery. Providers might include a Specialist or Family Doctor, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Certified Nurse Midwife, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, and/or Nurse Aid. You can be comfortable knowing your team works very closely together to provide you with collaborative and comprehensive care.
We encourage you and your family members to have an active role in the care you receive at our Hospital by expecting:
1. Staff should identify themselves and wear visible a ID badge. If you have concerns, ask for identification. It's important to know your healthcare team
2. Staff and physicians should verify your identity by asking your name, date of birth, and reading your ID wrist band
3. Visitors and providers should wash their hands upon entering the room. You are entitled to ask them to wash
4. You should ask why, when, and how long tests are required for
5. You should confirm medication name, dose, and purpose prior to administering. If you have concerns, ask questions until you are comfortable
6. You should inform your healthcare team of all medications, vitamins, and herbal suppliments you are taking. Be sure to also mention any allergies you might have
7. You should verify with your healthcare team your ability to get out of bed or walk short distances
8. You should inform your nurse of any pain or discomfort during your recovery
9. You should plan to follow-up with your family physician after discharge. A complete listing of CPH primary care providers is available upon request
Call us toll-free at 1-800-227-1074. A friendly, knowledgeable customer service representative will find the right time for your test or procedure. Representatives are available to take your call Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
For medical office appointments, use the "Find a Provider" search at left.
Hospital Directory and Phone Numbers
For more information, please call us at
My Healthy News
Personalized Health E-Newsletters
Get the latest news on health care topics that are most important to you and your family. You'll find the most up-to-date information on hundreds of topics, including cancer care treatments and research.
Click here to sign up.