Where The Money Goes
Where the money goes:
We do not use contributions to cover the hospital's day-to-day operating expenses.
If a donor places restrictions on their gift, for specific departments or services within the Hospital, it goes directly to the Hospital for budget items that fit the donor restrictions - like new equipment, technology, or physical renovations.
If a donor makes an unrestricted gift, 75% of the gift goes to the Hospital for whatever capital budget items (equipment or projects) are most needed. The remaining 25% is added to the Foundation's long-term investments. Each year we use a small percentage of those invested funds to cover the Foundation's own operating expenses.
Bequests and other "planned gifts" are added to our long-term investments, which now total about $12 million. Invested prudently, our investment funds provide substantial, consistent, and permanent funds to the Hospital, without ever becoming depleted. In recent years we have used the Foundation's invested funds to collateralize sizeable projects - including renovations at EJ Noble, and the purchase, renovation, and addition to the former St. Mary's School in Potsdam.
Your privacy is important to us. We do not access protected patient information for any purposes. We do not and will not sell or trade our donors' personal or contact information with anyone else. We do not sell or exchange mailing lists. Any donor's request to remain anonymous is honored to every extent possible.
My Healthy News
Personalized Health E-Newsletters
Get the latest news on health care topics that are most important to you and your family. You'll find the most up-to-date information on hundreds of topics, including cancer care treatments and research.
Click here to sign up.